Friday 4 November 2011

FREE Stuff to Do with the Kids!

OK, this is a slightly short and cheats version of my fourth entry into the NaBloProMo by BritMums (essentially encouraging us all to post on our blog every day in November - only another 26 to go!!)

Anyway, my post the other day was about thrifty or free things to do in East Lothian with the kids this weekend - it's Guy Fawkes, it's autumnal, and the forecast (here anyway) isn't too bad.  So, I thought I'd do a little update (partly because I know what the weather is likely to be like and partly because I missed something...)

FREE Fireworks - if you're in East Lothian or Edinburgh, take a trip along to the Racecourse at Musselburgh for their free fireworks display - doors open at 6pm and the display starts at 8pm.  Let's just hope there's no horse racing!
220px-London_Eye_NYE.jpg


Tyninghame Beach - this is my favourite beach in the whole of East Lothian so, if the kids have had their fill of their Hallowe'en sweets and need to burn off some of that sugar, get along to Tyninghame for a spot of bracing fresh air - and a view of the Bass Rock that you might not have seen before.


imgres.jpg


Hailes Castle - fab wee castle ruin about 2 miles from Haddington on the road to East Linton.  Great for the kids to explore (although next to a stream so explore with supervision only) and, if it's dry enough, a picnic in amongst the ruins is always fun.

imgres.jpg

Butterdean Wood - will no doubt be a bit muddy underfoot but get your wellies on, take along a couple of bags and get the kids collecting all sorts of leaves, seeds, acorns - and maybe even the odd chestnut.  Great for exploring with little ones as you can make the walk as long or short as you'd like.
dde66d919748cfb3cda425530ac051.jpg

Whatever you're up to, enjoy the weekend.  Personally, I'll be spending the entire weekend at Lennoxlove Book Festival - a book festival on my doorstep, I'm in heaven - as they are one of my clients for my 'other' job.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment